Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: He's in Bristol...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    He's in Bristol...

    Obama at the Krogers store right now, about to give a town-hall meeting on the healthcare reform. It's on channel 5 if you're interested, CNN was covering it earlier. I know I mentioned it in the Some progress thread, but always think its a big deal when he or anyone else comes around this area...esp after they are elected, good to see a President thats not forgotten this area after the campaign.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    About any glass cleaner will get that white stuff off your screen.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    About any glass cleaner will get that white stuff off your screen.
    Tip you picked up since you've been tuning into Beck?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    LMAO, i just read the exchange between R13 and the beast, funny comment beast, and great comeback R13. Now on a serious note, did ya see the guy from Wise talk to Obama about RAM, Bet if the health care stuff is still an issue next year, Obama will make an appearance at RAM, If not he should
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

  5. #5
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    It was pretty informative, esp for the ones that has been purposely misinformed. A lot of questions about Medicare, too much propaganda against this and people thought he was taking it away. LMAO at the letter he said he got where the woman said "I don't want your government plan! I don't want anything to do with your socialism! And keep your hands off my MEDICARE." Well if she isn't a hypocrite, I don't know what is.


    I understand there are people that oppose it, that's their choice and they are completely entitled to their opinion. Its just the "protesters" outside with their "Health reform = Abortion" **** among other moronic signs. If you're going to feel that strongly that you're going to protest, at least have some factual stuff and know what the hell you're talking about.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    Amen to that! I can't believe the people that still think that they will not get to keep the plan they have if they choose to do so.
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    It is my understanding that you will be grandfathered in w/ your current health plan but once that plan changes your outta luck . I know my company changes carriers about every year so I would have a ery limited run . It's not as rosy as some would believe.
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    I had actually went to the Bristol Mall today not thinkng about what was going on until I got there. I took the kid out to see the limo go by. I got really excited when I seen a black tahoe with several men strapped with nice weapons. Also a nice tahoe with thick metal plating and a sliding window, I can only imagine what was behind it.

    One funny thing that happened was we were going out the door when a lady and her family walked in. The lady said "he ain't that famous" LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    crack is whack

  9. #9
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    It's always a big deal when a President makes an effort to come to this area. I'm sure we feel like a lot of rural areas but I was pretty pumped to hear he was coming here again. He's actually paid attention to VA, he visited us twice in Leb and Bristol and came to VA a dozen times during the campaign.



    President Obama Town Hall Meeting In Bristol, VA | TriCities


    Couldn't embed the vid, but the link has the small article and vid from today.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: He's in Bristol...

    Quote Originally Posted by dmike2009 View Post
    Amen to that! I can't believe the people that still think that they will not get to keep the plan they have if they choose to do so.

    You may want to read the bill as well. You will get to keep you current plan as long as no changes are made in it. This would encompass a rate change that could be an increase or decrease. As soon as anything at all changes you will loose that coverage and have to use the gov plan if you want to or not.

    If you would like to know what the bill really has in it....http://www.defendyourhealthcare.us/home.html

    Here's a video describing what seniors are in for. http://video.newsmax.com/?bcpid=2097...id=30616902001



    Tip you picked up since you've been tuning into Beck?
    Nah, I know what the internet is actually for.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •